IT'S AN EXCITING TIME TO START A CAREER WITH US!!!
For more than 50 years, London Hospital Linen Service Incorporated (LHLS) has been supporting the needs of hospitals, community healthcare clinics and long-term care facilities in Southwestern Ontario. LHLS offers a stable, friendly, supportive workplace with lots of long-term employees.
If you’re looking for a great workplace that believes in caring for the environment and giving back to the community, LHLS is for you!
LHLS is currently accepting FULL TIME applications for dedicated, quality-oriented PRODUCTION CANDIDATES to work processing linens at our London facility. We are an essential service, and a leading, not-for-profit linen processing corporation. LHLS is southwestern Ontario’s premier laundry facility providing clean, fresh linen to support our partners in their mission of care.
We have 1 permanent Full-time and 1 Temporary Full-time production position available in our Dryfold Department with a starting hourly wage rate of $17.17 per hour, with a shift premium of $0.65 per hour.
The hours are Monday to Friday 3:30pm-12:00am
Why Should You Work for LHLS?
· Permanent Full-Time positions: $17.17—$20.67 per hour.
·There is a $0.65/hour for afternoon shift.
* This is a unionized position therefore; wage increases are set at various hours worked intervals as per the collective agreement.
· Benefits coverage and fully paid by LHLS is provided to Full-Time employees after 3 calendar months
· Employee Assistance Program for all employees
· All employees will be enrolled in a company paid pension plan upon hire the pension contributions are fully provided by LHLS according to collective agreement
· Career advancement and cross training opportunities
· Paid training
· Free parking onsite
· On bus routes
· Uniform provided
Primary Responsibilities are to ensure the efficient and accurate preparation of all linen either by individual fold or dryfold machines in order to service London Hospital Linen Service Inc. customers.
- Fold and count linen –place on conveyor belt
- Check linen for quality (stains, mending and re-wash)
- Move stain and mending bags to proper area
- Feed linen into the small piece folder accurately to ensure quality finished product
- Move buckets
- Keep work area clean
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet daily Quotas
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on a repetitive basis, squatting and reaching are physical requirements
Successful candidates will be motivated individuals who want to contribute to the continued excellence we provide to our health care customers.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY