LHLS is currently accepting applications for a dedicated, quality oriented production floor candidates to work sorting soiled linens at our London facility. We have permanent part-time production positions available in our Soil Sort Department with a starting hourly wage rate of $15.00 per hour with a $0.55 premium.
The hours for these positions are:
• Monday to Friday 6:30 am - 3:00 pm or 3:30 pm-12:00 am
• Saturday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm(mandatory)
• Statutory holidays are mandatory
*hours will vary from week to week, however we are looking for candidates who have the ability to work full-time hours during the summer to cover vacations and illness as well as the ability to work 2-3, 8 hours shifts during the week & their required Saturday shift.
* This is a unionized position therefore; wage increases are set at various hours worked intervals as per the collective agreement. Candidates MUST be available to work a minimum of 24 hours per week this includes every Saturday and the Statutory holidays. During our vacation period of June, July and August candidates MUST be available to work 40 hours per week. Candidates will be required to lift up to 30 lbs. on a repetitive basis, squatting and reaching are physical requirements.
Primary Responsibilities are to ensure the efficient and accurate sorting of linen.
• Sort linen by type and place in appropriate wash bins
• Rotate from sort line to bag opening area as per schedule
• Rotate to cart wash load area
• Ensure to wear proper personal protective equipment as outlined in orientation
• Work in safe manner
• Hanging of linen
Successful candidates will be those with the ability to work:
• In a fast paced environment
• With strong odours
• In a team
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY!