London Chamber of Commerce recognizes the corporate sustainability initiatives of LHLS at 26th Annual London Business Achievement Awards.
London, Ontario – May 4th, 2009 – London Hospital Linen Service (LHLS), a not-for-profit central laundry service in London, Ontario, is honoured to be the recipient of the Environmental Leadership Award presented at the London Chamber of
Commerce Business Achievement Awards (BAA).
London’s most prestigious business event of the year, the BAA celebrates local achievement and recognizes London businesses that exemplify excellence. The Environmental Leadership Award acknowledges a company’s initiatives that
minimize environmental impact.
LHLS won out against an extensive list of stiff competitors including international vehicle manufacturers, a national financial institution and a major packaging company.
“We are honoured to be in the company of such reputable eco-champions, and very pleased to be receiving this important award,” says John Sealey, General Manager of London Hospital Linen Service. “It helps to reinforce the concept of reusable linens as the most responsible alternative for healthcare facilities and a better choice for the environment.”
Environmental and social stewardship exists in all aspects of LHLS business
With four decades of providing environmentally responsible linen services to healthcare organizations, environmental and social stewardship is part of the DNA of LHLS. Through the company’s EcoCare program, LHLS incorporates a caring
approach in all aspects of its business – from product development and plant operation to employee retention and community involvement. Examples of sustainability initiatives include:
- Canadian Sterile Repack (CSR) Program – Sterilizes surgical linens for safe reuse and diverts waste from landfill while offering better comfort and protection that is comparable to disposables.
- Energy Conservation Program – Equipment upgrades, including wash water heat exchangers, a more efficient steam ironer and water boiler,reduced energy intensity footprint, greenhouse gas emissions and energy use, and saved $500,000 in energy costs. Enabled LHLS to return hundreds of thousands of dollars in rebates to customers during the last three years while reducing Carbon Dioxide emissions by over 21% per year since 2000.
- Recycling and Wash Cycle Chemistry – Since 1989, LHLS has been recycling wash water, reducing water use by two thirds. Peracidic acid is now used instead of hydrogen peroxide or chlorine bleach allowing for enhanced efficacy at lower wash temps and less energy consumption. Phosphates and fluorides have not been used for many years.
- Health and Safety – New ergonomic workstations, conveyor systems and material handling systems ease physical strain, reduce risk of injury and enhance productivity.
- NEW Hybrid Complete Delivery System (CDS) – Work continues on a unitized delivery system that streamlines inventory management of operating room procedure packs while substituting reusable products for several of the single‐use surgical procedure components. The result will be improved scheduling of surgeries due to quicker turnaround times, better staff and patient comfort and dramatic reductions in waste to landfill.
These innovative changes ultimately help to support LHLS customers ‐‐ Southwestern Ontario hospitals and long‐term care communities – in caring for patients in a way that is safe, comfortable and environmentally responsible.
For more information on the Environmental Leadership Award, visit www.londonchamber.com. For information on London Hospital Linen Service, contact John Sealey at 519‐438‐2925 or email@example.com or visit www.lhls.on.ca.