LHLS is currently recruiting for a Full Time Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) to join our Maintenance team at our London health care laundry facility. A successful candidate will have a minimum 3 years’ experience as a licensed millwright. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to ensure the safe and proper maintenance and mechanical condition of equipment in the plant for production.
The shift will be afternoons from 3:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. Starting rate for the position is $28.39/hour and increases to $29.77/hour after probation. There is a company paid health and welfare package as well as company contributions to a pension plan.
Successful candidates will:
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and determine the existing problem with any piece of equipment with the plant and carry out the needed repairs in an expedient and efficient manner, ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum and equipment is returned to safe and proper service in the shortest possible time
• Ensure that all safety switches, guards and enclosures are in place at all times and are in proper state of repair
• Ensure that all emergency stop controls are functioning correctly at all times
• Carry out repairs and service to all material and handling equipment within the Plant to ensure a smooth and efficient operation. Uses the proper and necessary tools required to carry out these repairs, which may include the use of step ladders, extension ladders or manlifts to reach elevated equipment to carry.
• Report to Supervisor of the Department/Maintenance Supervisor when equipment requires prolong repairs, downtime or suspected possible misuse by operator. Advises Supervisor that equipment is ready for operation and test runs equipment for Supervisor.
• Carry out Preventive Maintenance procedures on a “scheduled” basis, making note of any repairs or problems that are noticed. Makes proper entries into Computer system to ensure proper record keeping. Advises Department of Maintenance Supervisor of any defects that require immediate attention
• Must comply with the safety policies of the Company
Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) 433A
Proven commitment to excellence in Quality
Excellent communication skills
Great trouble shooting ability
Willing to work shift work and overtime
*Only Licensed Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) License with 3+ years of experience in a licensed capacity will be contacted.